Prior to our first session, I prefer to schedule a brief phone call with you so that I can learn more about how I can be of help, share a bit about myself and my practice, and address any questions or concerns that you may have. If my practice feels like a good fit, then we can schedule our first appointment. Please feel free to connect with me so we can get the process started!
If you feel unsure about whether you want to begin therapy with me (or with anyone), I do offer a complimentary 20-25 minute consultation meeting. For some, this is a helpful way to discern if I am good fit for you and if I'm not, I'll be more than willing to refer you to various colleagues who could be a better fit.
My fee is $175 per 50-55 minute therapy session, and $260 per 80-85 minute therapy session. The fee is the same regardless of who is in the therapy session (couple, family, etc.).
I know that the therapy process does include a financial investment, and at the same time, I wouldn’t want this process to add undue stress to your life. Please let me know if the cost of therapy poses a hindrance for you to work with me.
When we start working together, we can meet in-person or virtually. My office is located in Mission Valley.
Since I am an out-of-network provider, I do not take any insurance. I do accept payment through Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) or Health Savings Accounts (HSA).
There are some insurance providers and plans that do cover a portion of the cost for mental health services, including therapy. I encourage you to check with your insurance provider to see if they will cover any portion of the cost of therapy with an out-of-network provider. When you contact your insurance company, I suggest asking about the following:
· Deductible for your policy (amount of bills you must pay before your insurance provides coverage)
· Amount insurance will pay for each visit
· Maximum visits allowed per calendar year
· Maximum amount paid per calendar year for visits
· Which services they cover (some insurance plans do not cover couple's and/or family therapy)
· If a diagnosis is needed for reimbursement (oftentimes, at least one client will need to be given a diagnosis)